Craicncampers Data Protection Statement
This Statement describes how we use your personal information in connection with this contract with you. Please take the time to read it carefully.
You have several rights in relation to your information including the right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interests.
When you hire a motorhome from us, we, the Hirer, will be one of the companies responsible for handling your personal information (known as a “controller” under data protection law). The personal information collected by us includes your name address, contact information, telephone number, email address, finance information and any other details furnished by you in completing this form.
The purpose and legal basis for processing your information
We collect your personal information to enter into a contract with you to hire out a motorhome to you. It is a requirement of the contract that we enter with you that you provide all personal information requested on this form (except for an email address). If you do not provide us with contact details we may not be able to perform our contract, for example, we will not be able to call you in relation to your booking.
To process your personal information for this purpose, the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
We may use your personal information for direct marketing purposes to make you aware of products and services which may interest you or for customer satisfaction surveys where you have not objected to us doing so. We may do this by phone, post, email, text, our newsletter or through other digital media. Where we do so we rely on the lawful processing ground of legitimate interest and our legitimate interest is to develop relationships with our existing customers and to assess our performance and standards.
We may also use your personal information to manage our everyday business needs, including accounting and to prevent fraud. Where we do so we rely on the lawful processing ground of legitimate interest and our legitimate interest is in the effective management of our business.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third party service provides that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf such as our accountants, IT service providers, printers, lawyers and other business advisors, marketing companies who carry out marketing campaigns on our behalf and providers of security and administration services.
- Potential Sale of the Company: We may also transfer your personal information to companies we plan to merge with or be acquired by.
- An Gardai, Government Bodies or officials: We may share your personal information with an Gardai or other government bodies or agencies where required to do so by law
We may hold your personal information for a period of 7 years from the date of completion of this contract or from the end date of any warranty period, whichever is the later. We may hold this data for a longer period if we are legally required to do so.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone.
Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area. These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances, we will take specific steps, in accordance with data protection law, to protect your personal information. For transfers of personal data, outside the EEA where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission we may rely on contractual protections approved by the European Commission.
You have several rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
- Check what type of personal data we hold about you and what we do with that information, you are also entitled to receive a copy of this information
- Rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- Erase personal information we hold about you
- Stop us from using your personal information in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or our use of your information is unlawful. If you exercise this right, we will store your personal information and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved;
- Object to us using your personal information where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your information. We will stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the continued processing of this information; and
- Receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that data transmitted to another data controller.
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details contained in this order form. We will endeavour to respond to your request within a month. If we are unable to deal with your request within a month we may extend this period by a further two months and we will explain why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission.
For further information on data protection see www.dataprotection.ie
This consent can be withdrawn at any time free of charge.